Jun 4, 2018
Scent is heavily tied to memory. Disney hacks it with aplomb.
Hotels (especially major chains) try. With varying success.
The ladies discuss how to deal.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
0:29 – Intro (Steampunk Girl
Host Introduction; Gail
Carriger and Piper
1:06 - Piper stayed home -> but still went to a con: Taiyou Con
6:48 - Piper met Yaya Han (an awesome
cosplayer) in a bathroom
– – –
7:49 – Main Topic
-> Hotel Scents!
- scents come from more than air fresheners and cleaners - many
places like Hilton intentionally pump particular smells in
- be careful of wearing Estee Lauder near Gail
- lemon-scent does not necessarily mean clean
- sniff the hotel provided shampoo (etc) before you use it
- be on the look out for actual name brand toiletries (they're
- don't eat tea
- Marriott changes their scents frequently
- Renaissance typically has more subtle scents
- Pro tip! -> many hotel toiletries have similar shaped neck
joints that can join up with better lids from other hotel
- You can ask for a "non-scented" cleaning 24-48 hours before
- Gail prefers to smell edible
- Shower tabs (with eucalyptus) can help one recover
- Camfir with roller balls are both Thai and California hippy
– – –
24:40 – Gadgets! --> Scent game on
Gail – Steal
toiletry choosedly and use bath bombs!
Piper – Aveda
Blue Oil (essential cooling oil)
– – –
30:03 - Outro and thanks to: Producer
Special thanks to Dan
Sawyer of Artistic Whisper for editing this episode!
Thanks for listening; Travel smart and pack the snacks!
- - -
Get your question featured on an episode by saying hi on social
Use the hashtag: