Aug 8, 2022
Gail Carriger and Piper J. Drake discuss toiletry
bags (also known as the 2-1-1) and what they include in these
*This episode was recorded in October 2021. We had
encountered technical difficulties and had to await a new
motherboard, but we are back!
But first! Where have Gail and Piper been?
Gail attended a writer's conference in Denver, CO and managed to
alarm Piper with the makeup Gail used.
Gail's toiletry bag notes:
- prompted by Gail's foray into Japanese / Korean skincare
routines (that's a lot of steps!)
- Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Vitamin C Serum
- Packets of coconut oil as skin moisturizer
- Returning to traveling with her own shampoo and
Piper's toiletry bag notes:
- Trying to replace liquid with solid options to reduce the
amount of liquids she has to pack, so she's trying out Ethique
shampoo and conditioner bars in place of liquid. She's also trying
out the body butter stick.
- Also Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder as cleanser to
reduce liquid items
- Adding sunscreen to her kit: ANESSA Perfect UV Skin Care BB
Foundation (アネッサ パーフェクトUV スキンケアBB ファンデーション)
- Changes to makeup - Piper only wears primer (Fenty primer Mini
Pro Filt'r Hydrating Primer) or a tinted moisturizer/BB cream,
rather than a full coverage foundation.
Extra Skincare + Travel Tips!
- Dentist has travel sized samples
- Try to use a product that is multi-use to reduce how many
products you need to pack
- Choose powder based make up to reduce the liquid
- use a never-used, clean, contact holder for serums or sample
containers from a store like Sephora or Ulta
- the The Original MakeUp Eraser from
Sephora as a make up removing wash cloth instead of makeup remover
- Cosmetic moisturizing face masks are not considered liquids by
TSA and can really make a difference on travel
– – –
Special thanks to Kelly for editing
Thanks for listening. Travel smart. Pack the snacks!
– – –
Get your question featured on an episode by saying hi on social
Use the hashtag: