Jan 9, 2023
Gail Carriger and Piper J. Drake discuss their plans
for 2023 and related travel plans.
But first! Where has Piper been?
Piper was a guest author at Dragonsteel MiniCon in Salt Lake
City. She chats with Gail about the pros and cons of managing an
author table in an Exhibitor Hall or Dealer's Room solo.
Gail's Hopes and Plans:
- Discussing the state of the travel industry and avoiding
- Scheduled for 4 to 5 events in the beginning of 2023 and
anticipate 1 or 2 more by end of the year
- Would like to schedule at least 1 teaching workshop
- Potentially a joint book signing with Piper - TBD
Piper's Hopes and
- Only 2 cons booked for 2023 at the time of recording: ApollyCon and Dragonsteel MiniCon
- 1 writing retreat scheduled, would like to schedule 2 or 3 more
through 2023 (small, just a few authors)
- Book Launch events for WINGS ONCE CURSED & BOUND scheduled
at several bookstores in the Seattle area as well as a few larger
Comic Cons - TBD
- Potentially a joint book signing with Gail - TBD
- Piper is picking back up day job activities, her parallel
career. Travel related to day job is also TBD.
- Gail is sharing more insight in her newsletter
- Piper is sharing behind-the-book and bonus content in her
– – –
Special thanks to Kelly for editing
Thanks for listening. Travel smart. Pack the snacks!
– – –
Get your question featured on an episode by saying hi on social
Use the hashtag: