Jul 18, 2018
already requires high level packing skills. But what about when you
want (aka, NEED) to bring a hat. How do you keep your topper in top
Time Stamped Show Notes:
0:21 – Intro (Steampunk Girl
Host Introduction; Gail
Carriger and Piper
0:52 - Listener question from the Facebook group
Ty akas: "What's the best way to travel with extra ties?"
-Be aware of where the knot sits, fold carefully,
and consider some of the special containers the ladies discuss (or
a Tupperware containers)
-and don't forget to consider what your ties
shape/color/dimensions says about you!
– – –
9:15 – Main Topic ->
Packing that Hat (and other weirdly shaped
- Hat containers?
- How to protect the shape of your headpiece
- Wear your fancy as you go
- Use your significant other as a hatrack
- Being considerate of your fellow traveler
- Consider the mateiral of the thing, is it something that can
re-assume it's old shape easily?
- Corset packing
- Distribute your stuff across both checked and carry-on bags,
just in case there are travel whammies
- Wrap things (even inside your suitcase) in plastic to protect
from potential bad weather (and spils)
- Carry-on Pizza?
- Request use of the flight closet (in the nicest way you
- Tips for when mobily impaired
- Stuff your stuff with other stuff so it keeps it's shape
– – –
27:58 – Gadgets! --> Hat packs
Gail -various hard-sided tupperwares!
Daris: store boxes
Piper - knitted caps
– – –
31:52 - Outro and thanks to: Producer
Special thanks to Dan
Sawyer of Artistic Whisper for editing this episode!
Thanks for listening; Travel smart and pack the snacks!
- - -
Get your question featured on an episode by saying hi on social
Use the hashtag: