May 29, 2023
Gail Carriger and Piper J. Drake discuss how they
plan and enjoy both work and fun on location.
But first! Where have Gail & Piper been?
Murder cabin, on a lake. Mystery dog. Heat resistant frogs in
the hot tub, and some not so heat resistant. Much writing was
accomplished - either in communal area, or privately when
Then to a nice hotel in Spokane. Bull dog regular at the hotel
- Changing up the writing retreat dynamic with 2 pro authors and
2 pre-published authors. Going for the fun and productive
- Writing. High priority!
- Lots of walking: on the beach or through a park, or along
- Food! Looking for those fusion dishes
- Speech patterns and local dialects
- Writing. Priority #1
- Swimming, either in the ocean or in the pool
- High hopes for health benefits in water: ocean, pool, hot
- Food! Fresh fruit, in particular
- Increased creativity and productivity
- Piper's swimwear: tankini designed for curvy girls - sized by
bra size with underwire support, also a sarong/towel
- Gail's swimwear: tankini or one piece, retro design. Travels
with goggles & swim cap. Waffle towel.
- Both: Sunscreen!
The Red Scholar's Wake by Aliette de Bodard, also mentioned The Tea
Master and the Detective
– – –
Special thanks to Kelly for editing
Thanks for listening. Travel smart. Pack the snacks!
– – –
Get your question featured on an episode by saying hi on social
Use the hashtag: